Dementia Australia has a longstanding proud history of providing Australians user friendly, everyday living practical dementia advice, information and workforce training. We are Australia's Dementia Experts.
Since our early beginnings in 1998, we have evolved to become a leading provider that people with dementia, their families and friends, health industry workers can turn to when looking to increase their understanding on Dementia. This ranges from information on types of dementia, ways the condition impacts a person or their loved ones, how to have and support an active life with a diagnosis of dementia and carer wellness.
To meet the various information and support needs of all Australians touched by dementia we have on offer:
- Nationally Accredited Dementia Modules with a current registration with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
- Non-Accredited Dementia Modules that focus on topics such as stress management, dementia in acute care, aggression minimisation and more
- Factsheets that cover various topics as simple as how to recognise if someone has dementia, to grief and coping as a carer, to planning ahead
- Tailored workshops throughout Australia; including videoconferencing and online options for remote location delivery
- Dementia Seminars for carers and service providers
- Latest dementia news
- Additional resources for caring with a person with dementia, developed by us
- Carer Support Groups, facilitated by our professional staff to ensure carers receive high quality information and support
- Dementia Advice Line 1800 180 023
- Dementia Advice through videoconferencing
- Specialised Dementia Behaviour Management
- Dementia Design advice and services
To find out more, contact us today.